KUDOS SALES MANAGER
An exciting opportunity to join a small but focused team providing an innovative and multi-award winning communications service for academic researchers, research groups, institutions, publishers, societies and funders.
At Kudos, we believe in a world where everyone benefits from scientific knowledge and our tools help to showcase research so that more people across the globe can find it, understand it, and use it.
Join us in connecting the world with the greatest minds.
About this role
You will be responsible for B2B sales of our service to research organizations, helping them to build their research impact and engagement through promotion of their research outputs and insights into their authors and audience behaviours. You will process inbound marketing qualified leads and work to build your own pipeline, and be responsible for developing and closing those opportunities to meet annual sales targets.
Job Type: Full-time
We’re a fully distributed company, with employees around the UK. You can be located anywhere in the country where there's internet access. We have occasional in-person meetings for company meetings / social events for which we’ll pay for your travel and accommodation. The majority of client meetings are performed via Zoom, and there may be the need to travel internationally to visit clients and attend conferences. (Please note that you must hold the right to work in the UK.)
You will have proven experience of developing new business, ideally for a research-oriented service or within the publishing industry. You will be organized, driven, productive and can-do. You’ll be genuinely interested in keeping pace with new developments in scholarly communication and research assessment, and enthusiastic about connecting with researchers and the research management community. You will be a people person, focused on developing strong and honest relationships, a confident yet empathetic communicator (for example, comfortable with rigorous phone follow up, while sensitive to others’ communications preferences). You will be self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Building a robust network of relationships with budget holders in the research community: principal investigators, impact leads, heads of departments / schools
- Understanding the dissemination goals and needs of this community, and guiding development of Kudos’ product proposition and messaging to align with those needs
- Promoting and securing sales via this relationship-based, solution-sales approach
- Connecting with prospective customers via telephone, web conferences, event-based meetings and in-person visits
- Demonstrating our products and services to potential customers, and discussing them in the context of customers’ needs
- Developing clear and effective written proposals / quotations for prospective customers
- Providing regular pipeline reporting to colleagues, and maintaining contact / opportunity data (etc) in HubSpot
- Analyzing market potential and determining prospective customers’ value to Kudos
- Researching sources for identifying and prioritizing prospective customers
- Coordinating sales efforts and intelligence with colleagues in related business functions including marketing, product management, client management and accounting
- Identifying advantages and comparing our products / services with other market offerings
- Keeping abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Participating in industry shows and conventions.
- 3+ years’ B2B business development experience, preferably for SaaS products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of new media, metrics and technologies (particularly those that relate to Kudos)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
- Experience of scholarly communications or research within a higher education institution
- Digital marketing skills
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter to Colin Caveney - email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2022